- Potentiometers are commonly used to control electrical devices such as volume controls on audio equipment.
- Potentiometers operated by a mechanism can be used as position transducers, for example, in a joystick.
- These are rarely used to directly control significant power (more than a watt), since the power dissipated in the potentiometer would be comparable to the power in the controlled load.
- Potentiometers consist of a resistive element, a sliding contact (wiper) that moves along the element, making good electrical contact with one part of it, electrical terminals at each end of the element, a mechanism that moves the wiper from one end to the other, and a housing containing the element and wiper.
- These Multi-turn potentiometers are also operated by rotating a shaft, but by several turns rather than less than a full turn.
- Some multi-turn potentiometers have a linear resistive element with a sliding contact moved by a lead screw; others have a helical resistive element and a wiper that turns through 10, 20, or more complete revolutions, moving along the helix as it rotates.
- Multi-turn potentiometers, both user-accessible and preset, allow finer adjustments; rotation through the same angle changes the setting by typically a tenth as much as for a simple rotary potentiometer.
(10K ohm) Precision Variable Resistor Potentiometer (3590S-103L) Wire-wound multi-turn
- The price mentioned is of 1 pieces
- Product: potentiometer/wire-wound multi-turn volume
- Model: 3590S-103L
- Resistance: 10K ohm
- Type: rotary potentiometer
- Resistance Tolarance: +/- 5%
- Linearity: +/- 0.25%
- Threaded Diameter: 9mm / 0.35
- Body Size (No Include Shaft): 22 x 19mm / 0.9″ x 0.7 (D * H)
- Total Length: 42mm / 1.65″
- Type: Rotary
- Technology: Wirewound
- Turns: 10
- Power: 2W
- Rotating Life: 1,000,000 times
- Weight: 60 grams (each piece)
- Nob not included
SKU: 10068 Category: Panel, Boxes and accessories Tag: (10K ohm) Precision Variable Resistor Potentiometer (3590S-103L) Wire-wound multi-turn